Thursday, May 02, 2013

5 years of education converging on this point in time...

 I picked up my regalia this morning.  Is it bad luck to see the official garb before the official graduation ceremony?
I really don't care.  This is the culmination of a 5 year education goal:  1 year of Gen Ed for all of those science, math and stats credit I needed to take, 2 years of undergrad in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and 2 years of Speech-Language Pathology.  I had to try the whole kit and caboodle on as soon as I got home.

Although, I have no idea how I am supposed to really wear the hood.   Check out the sleeves - those are different, too! 

Okay so I am not great at the whole selfie picture thing.  I certainly don't have the practice for it.  But check it out.  I graduate with my Masters this month!

2 comments:

Mariska said...

Congrats!
I don't know if you remember me, we met at WinCo some time in the winter of 2010/2011. I was expecting a little girl with Ds at the time, and you took the time to talk to my husband and me as you were paying for your groceries. You told about getting your degree, we talked a bit with your daughter, and you two were such an encouragement to me!!

Anyway, quite a while after that I ran into your blog through some other Down syndrome blog, who lists Ds blogs by state. I clicked on the only one from ID, and recognized you and your girl. Have been meaning to let you know, but somehow it never happened. Today seems a good moment to FINALLY say something, because I am SO excited for you!!

Our girl is almost 2 and doing great. She had open heart surgery at 6 months, but no other scary things since then, and we are SO happy with her. :)

Scarehaircare said...

I do remember you! So great to read about you and your daughter! thank you!