It has been awhile since I listed my Sunday Gratitudes. I've been feeling that I need to start listing all of my blessings again. Here is what I'm grateful for this week:
1. Neurology. Okay, other than the fact that my neurology class this semester is giving me fits, I love it. I want to specialize in geriatric issues and strokes and dementia fascinate me. How the brain works, wires and rewires itself, and how each of us have the same brain is incredible to me. I want to learn more - much more. So glad I bought my neurology texts instead of renting them. I might even be able to understand them better when I finally get to grad school.
2. Scriptures. There has been something wonderful about reading scriptures with Mr. Wonderful and the kids this past week. We switched from being formal in the living room to everyone piling on top of my bed. We've gone from just reading to discussing, teaching, and sharing ideas. Thirdborn and The Love Magnet have gotten excited about the scriptures and make sure we stop everything at 8:00 for scripture reading. I've felt closer to God every day this past week. My prayers are more meaningful. I've felt more peaceful. Heaven knows I need more peace.
3. Sharing. I've been able to share my beliefs about God and Jesus Christ with some friends this past week. Honestly, it was with one person in particular whom I never thought would want to have that kind of conversation. I'm so grateful that she would share her thoughts and feelings with me. She strengthened my testimony in God's love for each of us. No one is ever beneath His notice. He cares about everyone.
4. My classmates. The Love Magnet was sick this past week. My classmates took notes for me. Huge gratitude to them for keeping me afloat.
5. Time alone with my love. Mr. Wonderful had to take a business trip to a small town in Oregon. Thanks, love, for suggesting I meet you there. We stayed in a 110+ year hotel, watched movies, and totally kicked back. Too bad he had to go back to meetings the next morning. I drove myself there and back. Boring ride with no working stereo in the car, but at least I got to spend time with Mr. Wonderful.
6. Family History. My mother-in-love has been helping me with my family history. We uncovered a branch on my paternal side that now goes back another 100 years and found that I had ancestors in Germany. Seriously? Before, I only knew that my paternal ancestors came from England and Holland. Still don't know much of what I am doing, and really wish I had better access to the materials I need. Also, I don't have a lot of time to do any research with school, so I limit my research to Sundays. Still, it has been fun and I'm eternally grateful to Mr. Wonderful's mom for mentoring me. She is amazing when it comes to family history.
7. Organ. My first month of playing organ in Sacrament Meeting is done. I also played today as a sub. I requested an organ workshop of sorts and the stake has put one together to start this month. I'm actually excited to learn more. I've really enjoyed this past month. I haven't practiced that much or regularly in decades - I actually log 1 hr/day for 5-6 days a week. As soon as I get to Utah on break, I want to hit my fave music store for some organ books. I'm determined to get better with pedals and registers.