Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday Gratitudes (on a Monday)

I am grateful (ohh, so VERY GRATEFUL) that there are two weeks left before finals. I love school and I have loved this semester, but it has taken over my life. I'm looking forward to only one class this summer and much more time to be with my family. Cook in my kitchen. Blog. (I miss blogging on a regular basis.)

I'm thankful for flap locks. The Love Magnet notices that her brothers get to do things that she can't....like play with their friends without a chaperone. She has also learned how to open and close the garage door. The flap locks are going on the doors today. Very high on the doors. (I wouldn't put it past her to pull a chair over to the door to try to undo the locks).

I'm grateful that The Love Magnet was invited to a birthday party last weekend. She had a wonderful time. Lots of pasta salad, lots of kids (birthday twins) and a pony ride to boot. I kept going over the rules of birthday parties with her on our way there so she wouldn't try to help blow out candles or unwrap presents. The Love Magnet behaved marvelously and hugged everyone when we said goodbye.

Secondborn announced this past weekend that he had the 2nd highest score in his 6th grade for the language IRI test. We are thrilled for him! I am grateful that he has done so well in school this year. Math testing starts this week. We're praying for him, cheering him on, and making sure he eats a good breakfast.

Thirdborn had his book project due last week. This month he chose to do a reader's theater. I helped him put together a script and he worked hard on some really great animal masks for the characters. Mr. Wonderful and I went to help out. The project turned out very well. I'm grateful that Thirdborn has not lost his enthusiasm for school.

Mr. Wonderful had to speak in church yesterday (he is the YM President and the theme was the Aaronic Priesthood.) Other than announcing that we had three kids instead of four - he meant to say that we had three boys and one girl - his talk was flawless. He had great stories about his experiences and the Young Men were listening. I'm thankful that we were there to support him. I am sure he is grateful that it is over.

This past weekend, Firstborn participated in a dance event for our church. His group learned country line dancing and country swing. They did a great job. I'm thankful that he had a positive experience (he didn't want to do it at first...but I made him). Pictures will be posted soon.

3 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Good luck with your finals. Your flap looks sure take me back in time to when our Miss Sarah discovered the doors and each time the phone rang that was her cue to make a mad dash for a door. Bless the neighbors during that stint for watching out for her as she took off down the street, usually to a house that had a better swingset than we had. Fortunately that intrigue only lasted a short while:) The boys sound like they are doing great.

Monica said...

Sounds like you all have been very busy!!

That totally sounded like me in the car on the way to a bday party!!!! I'm so glad she had a great time!!!!!

Kimberly said...

I always look forward to your gratitude list- no matter what day you share them on.

We sure love you guys.