Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday Gratitudes

Sunday Gratitudes on a Sunday! That has become a bit rare around here. My life has been so full of school and kids that I hardly get to do much more. I was holding off a post until I could get the pictures downloaded....but my camera isn't cooperating. You'll just have to imagine the beaming faces:

I'm grateful that Thirdborn was awarded the Star Award for Determination. He was beaming in front of the whole school. I can't think of anyone who deserves that Determination Title more than him. He has worked so hard. I'm currently reading Dr. Levine's A Mind At A Time which has been great at explaining how Thirdborn thinks. I'm eager to get the summer academic program started that will focus exactly on his learning disability.

I'm grateful for "Grandma P" who visits The Love Magnet's class once a week to work on writing workshops. This sweet woman helped my daughter to write, illustrate, and "publish" a story called The Rootbeer Float (apparently TLM got the idea after having floats for FHE treat). My daughter so so excited to read the book to me at the Authors Party her class hosted. She was even more excited to read the book to her best friend E. (Unfortunately, the great pic I had of this moment is floating somewhere around my camera. This is where you imagine beaming faces). Let me also share how thankful I am for E. E is so patient with The Love Magnet. They play together and work together. I am so grateful that my daughter has good friends in her class.

I'm grateful for General Conference weekend. The talks will be available to read soon. If you can't wait, you can see the video archives here. I will post the links to my favorites: Elder Holland and Sister Thompson. (I would love to have lunch with Sister Barbara Thompson someday. I think she might be a kindred spirit.) I loved the messages of living within your means, trusting in our Heavenly Father, having faith, understanding the Atonement of Jesus Christ and exactly what his sacrifice means for us. My spirit has rejoiced today. My batteries are recharged.

I'm thankful that I was able to get the research done and my papers finished this past week. More exams and papers coming up every single week until the end of the semester. This semester has been hard, mainly due to the class times, but I'm making it and the semester is almost done.

I'm grateful that we were able to see my family and Mr. Wonderful's family over Spring Break. It had been awhile. I really got to spend some time with my mom and my twin sis. It was divine to be together.

No comments: