Friday, October 01, 2010

Are you a Love Magnet?

a href="http://unring
Grab This Button


October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month. I am committing to blogging every single day this month just to make my life even more chaotic.........no.........to raise awareness of Nondisjunction Trisomy 21. You know it as Down syndrome.

FACT:

Down syndrome is the most commonly occurring chromosomal condition. 1 in ever 800 babies has Down syndrome. That equates to about 500 births per year in the United States.

There are more than 400,000 people living with Down syndrome in the United States.

People with Down syndrome are not always happy. My daughter knows when she is being treated cruelly, snubbed, made fun of, and teased. She is also the most forgiving person I know. The Love Magnet also understands friendship, kindness, generosity, and compassion. Hence her nickname.

Be a Love Magnet this month. (We'll explain more in future posts.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me Me Me I'm a LOVE MAGNET!

Amy said...

I am!