Monday, January 03, 2011

Believe. Hope. Endure Joyfully. Welcome 2011!

The textbooks have come. Sticker shock over the $150+ price tag of my Educational Audiology paperback textbook as well as the $50+ price tag of Topical Diagnosis in Neurology textbooks whose size I can easily fit into my purse. I can already tell you that my Neurology class is going to be incredibly tough. Still, I am looking forward to it.

Last semester, blog peeps. I am getting my B.S. in Communication Disorders in May. Twenty years after my original plan of when it was supposed to happen (albeit with a B.A. in Musical Dance Theater way back in the '91) I am going to graduate.

Can you hear the angels singing? Oh, yeah, I can.

Today's plans include more sticker shock as I go pay my tuition for the semester. Then it's off to practice the organ at church. Yesterday I was called to be the Assistant Ward Organist. I have a feeling my old piano teacher, Sister Larson, is up in heaven pointing her finger at me and saying "I told you that you needed to learn organ!" I have downloaded and printed BYU's The New Organist program and will listen to the free accompanying MP3 lectures from iTunes. BTW, those lectures and printouts are FREE if you are interested. 12 lessons in all and the claim is that it should turn me into an organist or at least put me on the path. BYU also has their yearly organ workshops (this year it starts August 2nd) which I am seriously looking into attending. I used to love their choir workshops.

As for the title of my first blog in 2011, it comes from a talk I gave the last Sunday in 2010 in my ward. Mr. Wonderful, Secondborn, and I were asked to focus on the topic of the 13th Article of Faith. My talk was about the middle: "We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things." I took the liberty of changing it a bit to "....and hope to be able to endure all things joyfully". My goals for 2011.

2 comments:

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Joyfully! That a girl.

Angela said...

You're going to rock school!!!