1. I am grateful for my kid's Primary teachers, Young Men Leaders and Scout leaders for all the time and service they give in behalf of my kids. They make my job as parent much easier. DS#1 Scout leaders deserve special thanks for helping my son get back on track for his Eagle.
2. My brothers and sisters for keeping me in the loop on family happenings and being so willing to give so much to keep our extended family going.
3. My Cookies online. These women have been with me for over 4 years. We started swapping healthy recipes and became more than acquaintances. They are sending prayers and good thoughts in my behalf to help get the house sold and that DD might stay healthy. They have been such a wonderful support. Meeting them in person in Chicago two years ago was one of the best times of my life.
4. Music. Once again, I receive inspiration through singing and leading church hymns. Today's msg was yet another reminder of how God's plan is so much better than my plan. I need to be reminded often as I am often a stubborn child.
5. Trees. Yesterday I went boating with my family. After feeding the kids I laid down on the grass (there was a park by the shore) and looked up at the trees. I loved all the shades of green: silvery-green, yellow-green, uber-green.....I loved the sound of the wind in the leaves and also watching the birds and squirrels. It was a great 60-second vacation.......until the sprinklers turned on and soaked me.
6. I am thankful that my parents chose to serve a mission. My mom is having a hard time right now because my grandma is not doing well. Mom worries about not being there. I know that my parents are where Heavenly Father wants them to be right now. We pray for Grandma and Grandpa is Africa every day (multiple times a day) that they will be safe and healthy and have more strength then they thought they did. DD calls them "GramaPapa Africa" now.
7. A comfortable bed that felt especially good last night. I was tired!
8. The kid's school teachers. My kids love school and look forward to it. DD doesn't want to leave when I pick her up. My oldest looks forward to Honors English, Chinese, gym, and Seminary. DS#2 really likes his teacher and his gym teacher. DS#3 likes his teacher and the computer teacher. Teachers like these have made moving so much easier for my kids.
9. Fresh garden tomatoes and cucumbers (Thanks to my inlaws and my Darling Aunt and Uncle! I can hardly wait to get a garden started next year.) Fresh raspberries thanks to a neighbor. Mmmmmmmm, raspberries!
10. Darling Husband (aka Mr.Wonderful) for understanding that I don't like water skiing and tubing. Yesterday I got on the tube with him behind the boat. He saved me three times from falling off and endured my screaming the entire time. I am dreading to see the pics our friends took with the zoom lens.