Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday Gratitudes
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • This weekend I attended Time Out For Women with my aunt. She still came, even though she was sick, because she didn't want me to be alone. The talks were great and being in room with 3000+ women who are all trying to do what is right was empowering. I am also grateful that my DH watched the kids even though he was sick so I could go to this thing. He knew I needed the break after being the single mom for a week while he was out of town.This week was also Back To School Night. I have to express gratitude for teachers who obviously work so hard to plan and teach my children. More and more, I really like this new school.
  • DH for working as hard as he does. This past week he was in Texas training with other managers. He was able to meet many of the bigwigs including the company president of North America. One of the big wigs told him that with so many managers retiring within the next 5-10 years that a lot of eyes were on him to see what he was doing, and they like what they see so far. Its always nice to get a pat on the back. It makes me wonder if this means another transfer is in our future. If it is, then the company will also have to buy our house as part of the package deal! (No, our house in Utah has not sold yet. Please keep praying for us.)
  • I love fall! The trees are starting to turn colors here, the air is getting crisper, and I absolutely love it. Time to pull out my favorite soup and stew recipes. I'm looking forward to seeing what this new area has to offer.
  • I'm grateful for good kids. DH couldn't come to church today (he really feels ill and will be taking work off tomorrow. I guess I'd better find a family dr. quick!) It was hard to do my job as ward chorister with the little kids on the stand with me. DD was really having a hard time staying reverent and would yell when she was mad about something. DS#2 took her out once before the sacrament until she calmed down. DS #1 sat by us after his job of passing the sacrament was done. He kept DD entertained and reverent for the second half of Sacrament Meeting. It made my job easier. Too bad that the entire ward had to witness DD's bad behavior with us sitting in the choir seats right between the piano and the organ.
I will be adding more later today as I think of them.

1 comment:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Sounds like you had a great week.

Can you send fall here...was almost 90 today. And Aviva was swimming all weekend. I loved the fall colors when I lived in NY.

Hope you have a great week.