Thursday, October 02, 2008

High School Words

I finally figured out where The Love Magnet learned about High School Stuff.

Sky High. Cute movie. One problem: its also the movie that taught her to break the Third Commandment. (If you don't know it, its in Exodus 20:7.)

There is more. I also figured out that the movie Antz was where she learned to say "D*mn it!" (Since my brother helped make this movie, I am going to blame him. The only reason we have it is so we can see his name in the credits and swell with pride over our brush with greatness.)

I guess I need to go through all of The Love Magnet's favorite movies to see what other High School Words she is learning. She loves to quote them all word for word as she watches them. Now I have the unenviable task of trying to teach her not to say certain things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I could tell you about High School words! Lily used them in 2nd grade. We got a note from the aide saying that she had used the word in an appropriate setting (she was frustrated!) but she really shouldn't be using that kind of language at school. I can thank her brother for that the night before he was VERY angry using words he shouldn't. Oh, the wonderful things they learn...

SMITHNATION said...

Well I am glad that my little guy isn't the only one that says d*mn it. Today he spilled my coffee well leaving the house in a hurry.I guess that's what i get for being in a hurry. well back to the story My son got it all over his" D*mn it! that coffee. I was shocked. I asked him who her hurd that from and he said. NANA!

Matthew said...

How is this my fault? Now, if she hung out with me for a few days, she might learn some really cool words.

I would blame it on John (because I always do anyway)...