Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday Gratitudes

I regret having missed my Sunday Gratitudes last week. I had the week from The Vortex of Doom (what I prefer saying rather than you-know-where. Just humor me, okay?) But the week ended much better than it started. I have much for which to be grateful.

I am grateful that Firstborn blessed the Sacrament for the first time today. Firstborn turned 16 at the beginning of February. Since our ward boundaries were reorganized at the same time, his ordination to become a Priest had to wait a few weeks. He was ordained last week and today I was a proud mom as my son reverently blessed the sacrament. I am so grateful that he honors his priesthood. He has a great example in his dad.

I'm grateful for the wise counsel "Be a duck" (meaning 'let it roll off your back'). This week, after a particularly hard trial, I was told this by an amazing woman. You know who you are. Heavenly Father blessed me by putting you in my path. You were his angel when I really needed it.

I'm grateful that we were able to learn the results of the testing for Thirdborn and his learning disability. We weren't given a name for it, but results did qualify him for resource help. I'm happy that he will get this extra help and I pray that it helps him be successful. Thirdborn has an appointment this month with a medical doctor that specializes in diagnosing learning disabilities. I am grateful that we were able to finally get an appointment with him. I want to better understand what Thirdborn is enduring and how best I can help him.

I'm grateful that Secondborn is doing so well in school that he has been asked to tutor other kids before school. He loves helping his classmates. I love that he is giving service.

I'm grateful that Mr. Wonderful is finally on the upswing after catching an awful virus. He has been coughing and feeling 'blah' for over a week now. It's hard for him to keep up the work schedule he has when he doesn't feel 100%. But today he was starting to sound like himself again.

I'm grateful that I aced my math and Child Psych exams last week. That felt great to know nearly all the answers. I didn't ace my stats exam (far from it) but the professor said I can still get a good grade if I keep doing well on my homework and do better on future exams. While I am on that subject, I am grateful that the Statistics TA's are patient. They are going to see a lot of me during the next few weeks before exam #2.

4 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

Congrats on the tests! You're doing an awesome job with raising four kids and going to school.

Yeah on SB getting a resource help! That is awesome! I'm so happy for you and him.

I finally got a diagnosis for Faith too for a learning disability in reading. I had to go outside of the school to get it. Next week we meet so that the school team can see the report and tell me about their testing. She needs resource help so bad.

Kimberly said...

Great things to be thankful for.
Congratulations on doing so well in school. My poor dad had to enroll in college after twenty five years to take math with me so that I could graduate!

Matthew said...

What!?!?!?!

That skinny little kid is a priest?

Oh my word ... I am getting old.

Ginger Johnson said...

I've missed you! Sorry your week was um, wicked. Mine, too.

Quack. :)