Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Gratitudes

Today I subbed as Primary Chorister at church. I had forgotten how much I enjoy being with the kids and teaching music. We worked on learning basic signs and words for a song called The Holy Ghost. It's a sweet song with basic instruction of who the Holy Ghost is and what he does for us.

The kids were - for the most part - attentive. They learned my Primary rule "We don't say "NOOOOO" in Primary!" They also learned that I will stare them down if I see them not singing, or not opening their mouths, or turned wrong way in their seats. One arch of my eyebrow and feet are taken off chairs and put on the floor. One tilt of my head and chairs are righted from their tilted position. Oh the power! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Truly, I had a great time and I hope the kids did, too.

We have 200+(?) kids in Primary. Actually I don't have a good count. Let's say that we have so many kids that the Primary Presidency is switching to three Singing/Sharing Times. They will utilize an overflow area of the chapel for Sharing Time, the Primary room for Singing Time, and classroom times will be cut down to 30 minutes. You have to get creative when you live in a ward that took the command to multiply and replenish the earth very seriously.

The best part is that I was asked to sub as chorister next week, too. Here is my gratitude for letting me have fun in Primary. There is nothing better than teaching kids all about music. Primary Chorister is the best calling in the church.

I am also grateful for my ward choir singing today. They sang This Is The Christ. Click on the title to hear Mo-Tab sing it their version of the piece. Ours was similar in feeling and sound, just a slight difference in the same arrangement. My choir sounded beautiful. Their singing strengthened my testimony.

On a side note (no pun intended, ha!) Mo-Tab has auditions coming up. I am eating my heart out - I want so badly to audition! But, I don't live in Utah anymore. One of these days. It's still the #1 on my Bucket List.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

We only have 42 kiddos in primary. Half of our senior primary classes are combine so there's more than just 2 kids in the class! I don't know what we would do with triple that. Wow.

Kimberly said...

I fully expect to see you as a regular on Music and the Spoken Word sometime down the road.

the holmans said...

Bless your Heart, that is a HUGE primary... we have a bout 38 active and 47 total... MURRAY is the bomb for that reason small class in school and church, although it means the smame 10 people have to do many callings... I love the Primary, I am the 1 counsleor, AND HAVE BEEN IN 3 PRESIDENCY IN 7 YEARS... yhe music is the sweetest part for me...

Melissa said...

I have been the primary chorister for a few years and I love it. It took me a while to "get my feet wet," but now I'm more comfortable. The kids are so awesome and I literally almost cry every week listening to them sing. Oh, the emotions....(and I expect to see you on TV during conferences in the future).... :)