No posts this past week. The week before Thanksgiving Break is notorious for being overloaded as professors cram things in before the final weeks of the semester. I had a Persuasive speech due in Comm (which I nailed thankyouverymuch!), art exam, really difficult exam in Anatomy & Physiology, and exam in Psych. So....
1. I am grateful that the week is over, exams are done, and I can enjoy this coming week off. What will I do with it? Write some extra credit art papers and one 10 page APA format paper for Psych (and hope he will accept it for extra credit. I am borderline for an A and I want to make sure it will be an A). I will also study math in prep for the math placement test and start studying for the Humanities CLEP test (so I can test out of it). All this in prep for hopefully getting my Associates of Science after summer term and being accepted into my major come fall.
2. I'm grateful that all the kids are over their colds (at least for this round) and we can have a healthy T-day.
3. I'm grateful for that Mr. Wonderful has a stable job and we have sufficient for our needs. We've been hearing stories from friends and neighbors who are struggling in this economy. The news reports that more people than ever are requesting assistance from food banks. I have seen more people begging on the side of the road. The stories of people needing help increase every day.
4. I found out that my southern grandmother is coming for Christmas! Actually, she isn't coming here, she will be in Utah with my parents. I am so grateful that I will get to see her over Christmas (if the traveling weather cooperates). I am thrilled to pieces over the prospect!!
5. Thirdborn had his birthday party yesterday. Miniature golfing and a pizza lunch. Thirdborn decided he wanted doughnuts instead of cupcakes so we bought a dozen and stuck candles in his. He is so excited to be baptized, be a Cub Scout, and be old enough for sleepovers. I'm just grateful that I survived hosting the birthday party. (I sure hope I survive hosting the one coming up for Secondborn in December.)
6. Yesterday it started to snow. Cold, wet, slushy snow. It wasn't much fun to shop in, dragging two kids along, and furniture shopping, too! Yet, I am grateful for the snow and hope more comes along so we won't be in a drought. That, and my boys are so excited for snowboarding/skiing season. Mr. Wonderful has plans with some of the ward dads and sons for frequent trips to the local ski resort.
7. I'm grateful for my T-21 Buddies (see the link list to the right). These are the people I go to when I have questions or I just want to be understood. They get it. We celebrate all successes and marvel that we wouldn't know each other if it weren't for the extra chromosome in one of our children. These families are my heroes.
8. Now to share one of those successes. I am so dearly grateful that The Love Magnet read 10 sight words this week at school! O Happy Day!
9. My Aunt and Uncle are coming for Sunday dinner. Maple Roasted Pork Loin, Streuseled Sweet Potatoes, Brussels sprouts with bacon and onion, raspberry jello, and a Gingerbread Trifle with Eggnog Custard, banana, and oranges. I'm grateful for good food and good company. I'm really looking forward to tonight.
10. As usual, I am grateful for the Sabbath day. No schoolwork. No housework. Just worshipping my Heavenly Father, singing his praises with the choir, and enjoying quiet times with my family. I love Sundays.