Happy Birthday DS #3
Last week was DS#3's bday and I didn't write about him. I have been struggling with Worst Mama Ever feelings. DS has been having a hard time in school. Reading and writing are a real challenge for him. At first I blamed me and thought I had spent so much time working with DD that I had forgotten DS. After much thought, prayer and observation, we think that DS might have dyslexia. He starts testing in the next week. In the meantime, we are trying to pump him full of confidence. Thus, I did an insane thing and hosted a birthday party for him and TWELVE 1st graders. Oh, a mama's love for her son.
Now that the week is over and I can take a deep breath, I want to list 7 great things about DS#3 in honor of his 7th birthday:
1. This kid is sweet to everyone. He tries to involve everyone in play, including younger siblings when he is playing at some one's house.
2. He says "Yes Sir" and "Yes Ma'am".
3. DS is constantly giving me hugs and telling me he loves me (and that just warms my heart!)
4. He loves to ask questions about Jesus and share his testimony of how much he loves Him.
5. He loves to have his scriptures read to him and keeps his by his bed.
6. He is very creative and coming up with new ideas for inventions he wants to invent when he grows up.
7. He loves school. That is a big testament to his teacher for helping him keep that positive attitude amid all of the problems we have had with bullying and reading/writing challenges.