It Must Be The Running
2nd run this morning. Hurt my ankle after 1 1/2 miles (run two minutes, walk two minutes) and had to walk the last mile. I think it will be okay for Saturday's run. My twin sis will be here and she has been asked (warned) to bring her running shoes.
Today's run was harder. But I still feel good - just full of happy endorphins right now. I have a few observations that I can only attribute to this week of severely upping my exercise routine:
1. Suddenly I have been meticulous as writing down everything I eat (like a good Weight Watcher) and even measuring out my portions. I have not done this in a while. It must be the running.
2. Happy endorphins sure make me nicer to my kids. They have noticed. It must be the running.
3. I am looking forward to weigh-in this weekend, which emotion is highly unusual for me. It must be the running.
4. Looking in the mirror, I am more appreciative of my body, even though it has not changed size. Yet. It must be the running.
5. I have been able to watch the news without getting overwhelmed with how off-course our world is. It must be the happy endorphins which must be the running.
5. I have been looking at Title 9 for a few years now, thinking their stuff was so cute. Now, for the first time, I really want to buy some running clothes. It must be the running, although I do not think I qualify for cute running clothes yet.
6. For the first time in my life I am starting to think about myself as an athlete. That is a really powerful feeling. It must be the running.
7. Weight Watchers always says to imagine yourself at goal. I could never visualize that in my head until now. It must be the running.
I'm actually looking forward to the day where I can run the whole two miles and go further. I've had a few emails from my ward sisters who would like to put a team together for the 5K. Looking for more takers!