Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Mama's In The Kitchen

Chicken-Apple Crunch Salad
Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2003
Servings: 4
Posted by DebMj1

My notes: A lot of my on-line Cookies like this in lettuce cups or pita bread. I like mine of Wasa bread (those cracker things from Sweden. Sourdough or Rye are my favorite.)

2 c. cubed cooked chicken breast
1 c. chopped Granny Smith apple
½ c. chopped celery ¼ c. raisins (I use craisins instead)
2 T. chopped green onions
1/3 c. low fat mayonnaise
1 T. reduced fat sour cream
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and remaining 5 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size = 1 cup.)

Calories=207; Fat=4.4g; Protein=22.4g; Carb=18.4g; Fiber=1.1g; Chol=61mg; Iron=1.2mg; Sodium=402mg; Calcium=32mg

No comments: