Saturday, September 13, 2008

I went to the Bookstore to return my text. They weren't quite sure what to do with me - my Prof had not called yet.

The guy helping me was gone a long time to talk to his supervisor. She came out to ask questions. No, I did not have the receipt (I wasn't planning on returning the book.) No, I didn't know the name of the guy who helped me the first time. I could give a description, if they wanted it. As I ran through the features of not-so-helpful-after-all Bookstore guy, recognition appeared on their faces. They knew exactly who I was talking about. And they were not happy.

Either somebody was playing a really poor joke on his last day working, or he is going to be fired this weekend. I'm not sure. Whatever they were thinking, I have a feeling that this guy has been/is/will be fired.

Now I have a new Psych book. No grade on the test yet. I'll see what happens and then talk to my Psych Prof. In the meantime, I have a lot of A&P to review: bonding- types and their importance, Ph scales and body fluids and how its all derived, Macromolecules and everything about them, Organelles and their functions, Plasma membranes, osmosis and tonicity, and all the vocabulary. Yup. Brain mush.

3 comments:

Val said...

How frustrating!!! All that reading for nothing! Good luck learning about all those really big words. I've only been out of college for 7 years and I think my brain turned to mush just reading about that!

Michelle Johnson said...

I'm glad you got your book exchanged. I hope you get to retake the test. Of course that means more studying so you know what is going to be on the test! YIKES! Did the book come with a study guide? My psych class did, and it helped me out so so very much.

I would love to take A&P. I took Pathiopysiology, that was fun! I'm a science nerd! I should have taught secondary science. I wish I'd of thought of that when I was in school still! :)

Amy Lou said...

Good job with this back to school thing! I love that about you, whatever you set your mind to you follow through!
We did a chick night last week, probably the first one since you moved, and we all missed you. Heather told us about how well Lauren is doing, it was so great to hear that all your exhausting work with her as a baby really has paid off! So glad you are all doing well!
Love ya