Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Please Excuse My Pity Party For The Next Ten Minutes

Today's Anatomy & Physiology test wasn't pretty. I knew the organic chemistry would be hard but I also struggled with the lecture I missed about organic molecules, monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides, triglycerides, fatty acids...... (sigh).

When I took the first level of anatomy (at a different school) I aced the class. This A&P lecture class is a real big kick in my ego. Yet again I have a high appreciation for my mom (the nurse), my brother-in-love who is finishing his residency right now, and anyone else who had to take uber-high levels of medical classes (and would find my A&P class a piece of cake right now.) Mr. Wonderful would find this class a piece of cake and (I think) is a bit jealous of my opportunity. He has been out of town and unable to tutor me. No more out of town for Mr. Wonderful when I have exams coming. I won't let him leave.

Obviously I am going to have to come up with a better plan for study. As it is right now, Secondborn will be winning the "Choose The Family Vacay" contest with his straight A's unless I get it in gear. My only consolation is that my A&P prof will be deleting the worst test off of my final grade. That means I have a second chance. That means I will be attending every single tutorial available. That means I am actually considering whether or not to get a Franklin Planner of sorts to really schedule out my time. I am a free spirit with poor organizational skills - at least when it comes to.....well.....nearly everything.

I feel good about my Lab test coming up as well as Art. My next Pych exam will go much better now that I am literally on the same page with the rest of the class. There is a writing lab on campus where (I've just found out) I can email my upcoming Comm and Psych papers for review and suggestions.

In the meantime, my head really hurts. My ego hurts. For some reason my hip socket hurts, too. I missed my final training run last night because of it. I sure hope its better before Saturday. I would be so disappointed if, after 13 weeks of training for this goal, I can't run.

Grumpy Girl is going to take a break for a bit before I work on my Psych paper about fear. And put together a lasagna for dinner. And fold the last load of laundry. And scrub the tub.

I think I deserve a foot rub tonight.

2 comments:

Ginger Johnson said...

Hugs and cheesecake! Hang in there!

Tandy said...

It will get better, don't be too hard on yourself. I won't tell you how many times I attempted and dropped physiology before I passed it. It took me too long to figure out how to study and how much studying I needed to do to get things down.

As far as the planner, check out www.busybodybook.com. I have a column for each class and one for family stuff. It works out really well for my schedule - and it's much cheaper than a Franklin!

Good luck!!!