Monday, September 15, 2008

Running update:

Final countdown to the 5K this Saturday. Tonight's run wasn't timed but I feel that we ran at a good clip. Still stopped at the end of each mile to walk one minute, although I felt that I could have kept running. It was gorgeous tonight and I felt great. The walking is definitely a mental thing. I need to get over that. If Mr. Wonderful can make it to the 5K, I will have him take pictures. I have heard through the family grapevine that my daddy can not wrap his head around the idea of my running. (I know, Daddy. Shocks me, too. I no longer grand jete down the street........I really run.)

I realized tonight that I need to make another goal after this 5K is over. I don't want to waste the effort it took to come this far. I'll have to aim for a 10K in the spring. There are more 5Ks to run this fall, too. I am definitely loving this cooler weather.

I'd like to start swimming, too. Why not? After all Mr. Wonderful is the mild-mannered alter-ego of Aquaman. Not sure where to find the time to swim........

3 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

OOH! OOH! I love swimming! I need to get busy on it. The pool at the gym I want to go to is outside. I really don't want to swim outside when the sun is shining on me. That is too much sun for my skin. I need just need to do it. I love swimming. :)

Millie said...

Hey there, saw your comment on the veggie blog. Would you like to contribute?

I love Natalie Merchant's "Wonder." Just love it.

Robyn said...

It is so neat that you are just about there! I look forward to seeing the pics.