Thursday, February 14, 2008

The 14th Day of Valentines

Give Her Flowers


Aaaaaaand she's off! Ladeees and Gennnnntlemennnn, she's fast down the track, now around the corner and to the home stretch..............

Tons to do today. Two V-Day parties at school, meet DD's new aide (hopefully, I am not sure if she is coming today). I've changed my menu a bit to make things easier for me. Instead of the hot crab and artichoke dip, I have decided to try the Fromagerie for a few cool cheeses and the Patisserie next door to that for a dessert. Rather excited to peruse both establishments as they are next door to one of my fave restaurants here and I love looking in the windows.

The recipe for Alton's Browns pan-seared steak will stay the same. I have a favorite butcher who raises their own meat that I plan on visiting today. Not sure where to pick up the scallops yet, although Costco has their seafood show going on so I might have to go there.

The kids will get pizza and then head upstairs for a movie (or bedtime for the younger kids). I asked Mr. Wonderful if we should postpone until the weekend, given his uber busy schedule. He told me that he was looking forward to getting off early. I'm looking forward to it, too.

Rather strange how differently I'm doing things this year. I am not cooking as much (last year we were full before the main course was done. I am hoping to avoid groaning tummies this year). I am almost 2 sizes smaller (hooray!) due to WW and exercise. My goal is to cook healthier, with the exception of dessert (of which I will only buy one slice of a torte or cheesecake to share).

I'll report tomorrow with pictures of dinner.....

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Whooo hoooo on your weightloss! Can't wait to see pictures - hope you had the best time!