Saturday, February 16, 2008


Mama Bear with the Boxing Gloves


I can't shake this feeling that I haven't done enough for DD when it comes to this aide problem at school. After talking about it with O's mom, we've decided to take the problem to higher sources. There is obviously some kind of secrecy going on at the district level and Iwant it blown wide open. I am tired of hearing the always vague "for the good of all the children reason" that does not answer the question of WHY.


DD's problems at home are getting worse. She is more aggressive and controlling to our Dear Doggie Girl. Her temper is worse. She is saying things she has never said before (Don't look at me! Get away from me!) She has started hiding at home and not answering when I call which puts me in dread as I search for her. I am frantic that she will try to run away from the new aide and I do not want to risk that. I worry that she will either lose precious skills or that she will refuse to learn or test further with someone she doesn't know.


I have prayed for peace that did not come until I made this decision to go further. I hate confrontation and avoid it if at all possible. But when it comes to my children, I become brave. I become the Mama Bear with the Boxing Gloves on.

3 comments:

Ginger Johnson said...

Honey, when you're getting your boxing gloves on, I'll be there in spirit lacing them up.

You are her advocate and you're doing the right thing.

I'll be praying for you.

Val said...

I really want to know how this turns out. I've had my own fights with the speech therapist at Claire's school. She treats me like a little kid when I ask her why my child is scared to death of going to speech therapy. Something is going on in there that they wouldn't fess up to and I pulled her out. They all thought I was crazy. Mama Bear is not crazy!

The Mom said...

Keeping you in our prayers that this will all work out. I hate to hear that your cute DD is having a hard time, especially when she was doing soooo great with the former aide. Praying for peace for you and strength to fight your fight!

You go Mama Bear!!!