Wednesday, July 09, 2008

FORE!
We had a family activity planned to learn how to golf. Firstborn and Secondborn didn't take seriously the mandate that their chores had to be finished before we left. Since they weren't done, they stayed home to finish (with much wailing and gnashing of teeth, not to mention surly looks) while Mr. Wonderful took the rest of us to a local golf course.
Thirdborn had his instruction first...



And then spent time practicing while Mr. Wonderful demonstrated the golf swing to me. (There are no pictures of me as it would be inappropriate to show my frustration at trying to lock my elbow, hold my posture in a way that The Creator never intended for us to stand, and get that teeny ball to connect with my club, let alone get it to go in the direction I was aiming.)



Thirdborn then took it upon himself to teach (with all of his grand 3 minutes of experience) The Love Magnet how to golf. He had to help her balance the ball on the tee....



The Love Magnet then attempted to golf (with pretty much the same results as I achieved, but without the frustration. She thought it was fun.)




I have to agree it was fun. I hope Mr. Wonderful takes us again soon. (I hope I didn't embarrass him with my lousy swing. I hit more grass than I did golf balls.)


6 comments:

heather said...

I went golfing one time about 13 years ago and I seriously could have thrown the ball further than I hit it. What a frustrating sport! Needless to say, I haven't golfed again! :)

AZ Chapman said...

Oh those bring back memories of last year when I played golf

Michelle Johnson said...

Looks like fun! Good for you sticking to your guns and making the big boys stay home! :)

Robyn said...

Oh I love it when a parent parents! Too many times parents cave at the last minute. Looks like fun for all who did their work!

The Country Mouse said...

Oh, ouch. Boys'll take you seriously next time, won't they? Good for you! (And good for them, though they won't think so for 15 years or so.)

Angela said...

That sounds like a fun night out. Maybe John and I will have to bring our clubs when we "finally" come to Idaho. We'll make it one day- promise.