Happy Birthday To The Love Magnet
Six great things about The Love Magnet:
1. Unconditional love and forgiveness. What the rest of us strive to do (and as soon as we become perfect at it we'll be translated) The Love Magnet does on a daily basis. If she is hurt, she will come to you for a hug and tell you "You're sorry", and that will be that. The Love Magnet does not hold grudges. Not even a blood draw will turn her against the phlebotomist - she will hug them, too.
2. The Love Magnet finds joy in EVERYTHING. Whether it is bugs, flowers, school, neighbors, Primary, or family, she will find the best and make sure you share it with her. This girl has turned consuming mashed potatoes into something to write about when you make your Sunday Gratitude list. She will even find joy in loading the dishwasher.
3. No one is beneath her concern when she prays. She prays for her Primary teachers and school teachers, her doctors and nurses at the hospital, GamaPapa Africa/Utah, Auntie C and all of the cousins (sometimes by name which takes a loooong time). She prays for our prophet "Pwes-i-dint Monson" and the Apostles. She prays for our bishop and his family. She has prayed for "Hannah Montana Banana" and Junior (the little asparagus on VeggieTales). She prays for her friends at school and her friends at the swimming pool. She mentions The Divine Miss O by name and her Cousin E (who is our cousin in spirit). If you tell her your name at the grocery store, she will remember you in her prayers that night.
4. The Love Magnet is smart. She knows how to operate the TV and DVD player. She loves to write her name and letters of the alphabet (she will tell you the sound each letter makes, too). She almost has my cell phone # memorized. She loves to learn and can't wait for school to start again.
5. The Love Magnet has a radar for suffering and she combats all suffering with her ultimate weapon: the hug. If you are sad she will settle down in your lap and hug and kiss you as long as it takes until she is satisfied that you are feeling better. (It is hard to keep her down during Testimony meeting when she sees people cry as they share their testimony. She wants to head up to the stand to hug them.)
6. The Love Magnet is a teacher wise beyond her years. I'm slow to learn. Good thing she is so patient with me.