Thursday, May 01, 2008

Here We Go


I gave up trying to sleep, its now just after 3 a.m. I don't think it is because of the surgery. The bed here at my In-Loves house I've attempted to sleep in is unbelievably hard and, since it is only a full size, Mr. Wonderful sleeps downstairs in the basement. But this is the room with the crib for DD. I would hate for her to wake up and wander around the house looking for us so I stay with her. This makes two nights without sleep. Yes, I am a bit tired.

At least I won't have to worry about not waking up in time to get to the hospital by 6 a.m. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30. My twin sis will meet us right at 6.

Surgery is expected to last 5-1/2 hours. She will be sedated when we get to see her. Morphine for pain will last for 24 hours, after which they will manage her pain with Lortab. She's expected to stay in the hospital for 5-7 days. The big surprise, she will be able to travel back to Idaho as soon as she is released.

The nurse yesterday told us all the nitty-gritty to expect. Then she told us how fast these kids bounce back. Our big challenge will be to keep her from climbing everywhere and wanting to do normal 5-yr-old things during the first month after surgery. I don't mind that challenge at all. It was great to hear.

Mr. Wonderful and I have fasted dinner last night and will fast breakfast this morning. Last night our two families gathered (those that could make it) to give DD a blessing. She was so cute. She realized the reverence of the occassion and sat still and as tall as she could in the chair while Mr. Wonderful and one of his brothers put their hands on her head. DD was blessed with understanding, strength, and healing.

One of my brothers has offered to bring us lunch in the hospital to end our fast. It should be right at the end of DD's surgery. I am grateful for the company. I'm especially grateful for the prayers and fasting in our behalf. I know there is a lot of it going on from family and friends.

I've felt pretty peaceful. No crying yet this a.m. I've already prayed for strength to get through the morning without tears. I'm not putting on my battle armor. I want to leave my own heart wide open to receive strength from heaven.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I just found your blog, Just wanted to say prayers are going out to your daughter, the doctors, nurses, peace for you and your family~God bless~ Monica

Soozcat said...

Many, many thoughts and prayers go with you.

Ginger Johnson said...

Same here. I've been thinking of you guys all day. It should be over by now--I pray it went well and that we'll hear good news soon.

xo