Saturday, May 03, 2008

The surgeons just left. They took off DD's oxygen and bandages. DD's surgeon pronounced her as looking great. They are going to do an EKG or Echo today (I can't remember which) and if it looks good........



DD will be discharged tomorrow.

5 hours of surgery.

29 hours in the PICU.

Less than 48 hours in the regular patient ward.

Right now my daughter is sitting up and trying to boost herself into position if she slumps to far down. She has chocolate milk, Gatorade, and apple juice in front of her to encourage her to drink. It is 8: 20 am.m and she has already had xrays and breakfast. She was happy they had Frosted Mini Wheats here. She only ate three bites but she also has yogurt and the promise of ice cream, mashed potatoes, spaghetti...all her favorite foods to encourage her to get some calories in her little body.

Cinderella is in the DVD player. Her first watercolor masterpiece is signed (in crayon) and hung on the wall next to the works of her cousins. As good as life is here, she wants to see her daddy, her brothers, and her dog. She wants to go home.

I've witnessed blessing left and right around here. DD made a new friend while in PICU. Check out Reagan Faith's blog. Its brand new so they might not have any posts on it yet. She has an amazing family. I'm looking forward to keeping track of them. They are certainly in my prayers.

3 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

What a relief that DD is doing so well. I'm so happy. I hope to see her soon. Tell her hi for me. :)

The Mom said...

Simply amazing Carrie! Sooo happy for you all (well, except for me - I didn't get a chance to come up and see you - we're still sick here :( Keeping your sweet DD in our prayers for continued recovery and great results from her echo/ekg :)

Whoooo hooooooo!!!!

Pam said...

Carrie, I am so grateful to hear she is doing so well...that's simply amazing! We're still sending prayers your way!