Monday, May 05, 2008

We made it home safe. DD charmed the stewardesses the minute we stepped on the plane. They loaded her up with chips, two packets of cookies, and a packet of cheese and crackers while we were standing by the pilots door waiting our turn in line to get to our seats. In our conversations, the story of why we were in Utah was told. DD now has the stewardesses all praying for her, too.

This afternoon was spent in taking a glorious 2 1/2 hour nap. I REALLY missed my own bed. I might have slept longer if DD had not treated my head and chest as her own personal footrest during her nap.

Dinner was brought over by one of my Visiting Teachers. Her lasagna tasted like comfort food to me. DS#1 cajoled DD into taking two extra bites of her dinner. She is now ensconced in my bed watching the new Signing Time videos that arrived while we were gone.

Life is good.

Check out my parents in the Church News. There was an article about the water project they are working on in the DR Congo. I especially love the picture of my daddy surrounded by the Congolese children.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you are all home already!!!! How wonderful!!! You continue to be in my prayers. God is Good.

Scarehaircare said...

God is good indeed. We believe in prayer and fasting and know that all of them were instrumental in her quick healing and going home early.

Melissa said...

I know I haven't left a comment while you've been going through this surgery with your daughter, but I want you to know we have been praying for you. I 'm so glad everything has worked out wonderfully! You guys deserve it!