Wednesday, May 07, 2008

No Pain?

DD has had no pain meds all day. She refused to take them this morning. She hasn't complained about her "owie" all day. Whenever I ask if she hurts she brushes me off with:

"No, Mom. I fine."

That small phrase is repeated constantly through the day. It makes me wonder if I am being over protective in following doctors orders. I hope not. I still have at least 5 more weeks of this.

Tomorrow marks the one week anniversary since DD had her open heart surgery. I fully believe prayers and fasting were a big part in this miraculous recovery.



Please include Lauren's new friend Reagan Faith in your prayers this week. She isn't doing well at PCMC. Her parents were hoping to be able to transport her to a hospital in Birmingham Alabama to be closer to family and their church family. I will be fasting for Reagan this Sunday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I am glad things went well for DD. I'm gald I found your blog again. I hope things are going well for you and your family!

Monica said...

I am so happy Lauren continues to do amazingly well!!! I also am a huge believer in prayers and fasting. We will definately add Lauren's friend to our prayer list and of course continue to pray for Lauren :)

McBride Family said...

Thanks so much for your prayers! I am so glad Lauren is doing well. She is so strong! You have a beautiful family.
Jeri Ann

Angel The Alien said...

Well, if she doesn't want the pain meds and she says she's fine, that HAS to be a good sign! I'm glad she's doing so well. You have a tough little kid on your hands!

Michelle Johnson said...

That is awesome!!!!!!! I'm so happy for Lauren, and you and the family. That is the best news. I needed some good news. :)